Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's been a while!

Wow it's been a while since I've written on here. I won't get into a lot of detail because that would take a long time to cover everything. Basically after my trip to Tasmania for a week I flew to Adelaide looking for work. It took me about to weeks to find some work but in the end I got a bit. I was working weekend night shifts at Hungry Jacks. haha. Hungry Jacks is what they call burger king over here, so needless to say it wasn't the highest paying job, but it was actually pretty fun. A good experience anyway. haha. During the weekdays I was working a sales job. For the first two weeks I worked as a salesperson in events. Basically my job was to stop people walking through the malls and attempt to sign them up to a charity for heart disease. It was good money if you were good at it and I was ok. But it was kind of repetitive after a while. Anyway after two weeks I switched over to telemarketing and did that for the rest of my time in adelaide. So now looking back on my jobs in Australia i've got quite the additions to my resume. ahaha. Fast food, telemarketing, door to door sales, and salesperson in a mall. ha, what joke. But that was sweet when i got to work for acdc concert back in brisbane!

Anyway after i finished working in Adelaide for 4 weeks and had been there for 6 weeks total I was pumped to get to leave and start travelling again. And now I was going to start doing it with Kelsey and Wyatt because I flew to Brisbane and met them there a couple days later. It was pretty exciting to see them. Very cool that they would spend all that money and fly out to see me and travel with me. Since then we have been travelling together for about 2 weeks and it has been soo much fun! We are travelling north up the east coast and this is like the main backpacker area with tons of fun things to do along the way. We have done a 3 day trip to fraser island, which is the largest all sand island in the world and we camped in tents and drove around checking out all the lakes on the island and it was with a group of about 16 of us and it was so much fun with all of those people! We have been snorkelling, and chilled out on some of the most beautiful beaches i've ever seen. We are now in Arlie Beach and about to do one of the things i have been most excited for this whole trip. Tomorrow we leave to do the whitsunday sailing trip. It is 2 days on a sail boat with some stop offs for snorkelling along the Great Barrier Reef and its all in this group of 74 little Islands. We are all so pumped to do it!! It will be so good, especially if we get the weather that we have been getting lately. Perfect cloudless days that are like a perfect 25 degrees. So Good!

But ya that is the sum up of my last 2 months haha. Sorry to all those who keep checking this and find nothing new. If I get the time I will also try to put some pics up on facebook. Cheers mates!! O and kels and wyatt say hi as well. Later


P.S - Big shout out to Chortitz Road!!! Wooh! you know what i'm talkin about G. Keep it real dog

No comments:

Post a Comment