Friday, January 22, 2010

Byron Bay

Hello all back at home. Hope you're all doing well. I haven't posted anything in about a week so I will fill you in about what I've been doing the last while. After I left sydney I spent two nights in Coffs Harbour where I spent time on the beach and whent to a dolphin and seal show which was pretty cool. From Coffs Harbour I went further up the coast to the northern part of New south wales, to a city called Byron Bay. It's a very popular place for travellers and i could tell why right away. They have awesome beaches that stretch the whole coast line of the city. In Byron Bay I tried surfing again, which was really fun. I met all kinds of people from all over the place and for the first time i met some people that were actually from Australia. I spent 8 days in Byron Bay, and the highlight of those days was when I went scuba diving in the ocean. It was so cool, because i had never done it before i had to do a small intro course that showed me how everything worked in the pool of the dive center. Then we went out to a place called Julian rock thats just a few miles of the coast. Diving was such an amazing experience I was with an instructor and he pointed out all kinds of marine life to me. We were swimming behind a leppard shark for a while and we saw a couple of absolutely massive turtles that just blew me away when i first saw them. They were so big. My instructor told me later that they were probably all over 100 years old. I really enjoyed my time in Byron and this morning I took a bus to Surfers paradise, which is in Queensland so I have entered my second state now. Surfers Paradise is best known for the beach that stretches for close to 70 km up the coast and the city is packed with high rise apartment and hotel buildings. I'm not sure how long I will spend here but hopefully its a good time.

Thats my update for the last 10 days or so, and i hope everyone back at home is staying warm. lol. I'm not having a problem with doing that.

No comments:

Post a Comment